Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Proper full on period started yesterday - only day 12

(7 Posts)
Toots Fri 05-Sep-08 14:16:31

What the fudge???

I've been having long and short (21-40) day cycles for about a year. I'm 41. This is nuts though....

Any thoughts?

SubRosa Fri 05-Sep-08 16:57:24

Please get your GP to do a blood test, to check your hormone levels. I had exactly the same symptoms; it took over 3 years for a diagnosis

Toots Fri 05-Sep-08 18:21:37

What was the diagnosis?

Toots Fri 05-Sep-08 18:59:33

SubRosa?

SubRosa Fri 05-Sep-08 19:25:19

It was an ovarian cyst, but please don't panic, as most of the time it's a hormone imbalance. I also had some other symptoms, such as having to empty my bladder every 30 mins blush and pelvic pain/pressure.

Is your GP sympathetic? If not, you can go to a sexual health clinic. I did, as my GP was dismissive, and the clinic referred me straight away. (The cyst was pretty big by then, though).

Have you had any other symptoms, other than the weird cycles? I really hope I haven't worried you.

Take care.

Toots Fri 05-Sep-08 19:32:47

Glad you came back! That doesn't sound like fun. No, no other symptoms.

SubRosa Fri 05-Sep-08 21:21:13

I'm glad you haven't got any other symptoms and hopefully your GP can shed some light on it. All the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now