Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

i have a blood blister type blemish on my boob....it's a reddish/purpley colour...?

(19 Posts)
cutekids Fri 05-Sep-08 11:10:20

it's flat and it's on the front of my breast.it appeared around the beginning of the year and grew for a while then seemed to stop..it looks flat although i suppose when you rub your finger over it it's ever so slightly raised.anyone had this?I suppose it looks a bit like a felt pen mark that's spread a bit....!

cutekids Fri 05-Sep-08 11:14:10

anyone?

masalachameleon Fri 05-Sep-08 11:16:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gobbledigook Fri 05-Sep-08 11:23:07

Hmm, yes, I would go to the GP quick as.

Tippychick Fri 05-Sep-08 11:23:48

I have one like this just by my bikini line. It's like a strawberry birthmark and I'm fairly sure there used to be a mole there.
I showed the Dr and she just said to keep an eye on it and return if it changed at all.
I'd get it checked either way...

cutekids Fri 05-Sep-08 12:15:26

Oh,really? Do you know,it's absolutely never concerned me at all.It's just that one of my kids pointed it out to me and asked me what it was.Is it really something to be worried about?

bran Fri 05-Sep-08 12:23:03

It's probably best to have it looked at, but it could just be a Campbell de Morgan spot. I have a fair few of them on my tummy and chest and they are harmless and nothing to worry about.

bethoo Fri 05-Sep-08 12:25:36

i have that too on my boob! it is small the size of a spot but red and sticks out a little!

bethoo Fri 05-Sep-08 12:26:57

but i am only 31 and it says they appear at 40+! how depressing. may mention it to mw as could be hormonal.

bran Fri 05-Sep-08 12:29:52

bethoo, I got my first CdeM spot well before 40, I'm only 41 now and I've had them for more than a decade I'm sure.

cutekids Fri 05-Sep-08 12:37:56

Well I turned 40 this year...oh the joys of getting older!

bethoo Fri 05-Sep-08 12:38:40

i only noticed mine as my ds would try and pick it off whilst bf!

asteamedpoater Fri 05-Sep-08 16:58:35

Hmm. I didn't realise this would be anything to worry about, either. I've had one on my breast (on the areola) for nearly 2 years. Not dead, yet, and it hasn't spread! I assumed it was a blood blister, but it never went away.

OneBoyOneGirl Fri 05-Sep-08 17:01:52

Ooo, ive got one of those CdeM spots too - but im only 24 shock

Twiglett Fri 05-Sep-08 17:05:02

I've got something on my leg like this although this is raised and bright red .. it's like a blood blister containing proper blood but it's been there a couple of years

is this one of them, or something else?

I must admit it pissed me off and I'd like it removed if possible (particularly when shaving)

singersgirl Fri 05-Sep-08 18:08:58

I have some of these on my chest and boobs, and have done for years. My mum has some too, so I've never worried about them.

Vineland08360 Tue 08-Jul-14 02:32:57

If any of you find a red blood blister on your breast PLEASE insist on a mammogram and any other appropriate screening - even if you doctor tells you it is nothing. I was told by doctors, nurses, radiologists, dermatologists that this was nothing to worry about and that it was most likely a bug bite. A mammogram only revealed an unrelated 0.8 cm lobular cancer. I will save you the details but it wasn't until surgery that they figured out that I also had invasive lobular cancer, invasive ductal cancer, and ductal cancer in situ. It's very likely that the blood blister was caused by the ductal cancer.

Newyearnewmeagain Sun 19-Jul-15 19:53:01

I have one of these on my breast for months never even gave it a thought, are they related to breast cancer?

Passmethecrisps Sun 19-Jul-15 19:56:01

I have these all over my body - one on my boob, an eyelid, back of knee and other places where they come and go.

I got the one on the back of my knee checked and was told it was a cherry hemangioma.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now