Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What is this rash?

(7 Posts)
desperatehousewife Mon 21-Feb-05 15:01:34

Just had to pick DS up from nursery early as he has a rash that is spreading.

I noticed a little patch of rash on back of neck his morning - quite red and raised, but thought nothing of it - he seems perfectly well and no other symptoms.

The rash is spreading - little raised red spots (done the glass test and they do disappear) spreading over his trunk.

Doc is shut until 4pm...anyone have any ideas?

Marina Mon 21-Feb-05 15:05:09

How old is he? Could it be roseola? I think that's a raised rash. It's one of those "annoying but short-lived rash and temperature" viruses. Have a look at the NHS Direct website, see if there is anything there.

desperatehousewife Mon 21-Feb-05 15:09:59

thanks. He's 2.7

PhDMumof1 Mon 21-Feb-05 15:33:33

how strange, DS just come up with one during nap. Am taking him to doc's at 4pm ..... will report back if I learn anything .....

desperatehousewife Mon 21-Feb-05 15:44:13

Me too - off to docs at 5.30. Nursery said they won't have him back until he gets checked out! He doesn't have temp or anything - just rather livid looking rash...hmmmm...

desperatehousewife Mon 21-Feb-05 18:15:44

just to let you know - doc said 'non specific viral rash' - i think in other words he doesn't know what it is!

Been advised to give him Medisan - Calpol with antihistimine.

lilsmum Mon 21-Feb-05 18:17:49

dd had this on thurs but was on her legs no where else, raised bumps, some bigger than others, i took her to gp on fri and he said was a viral thing, so the same thing i guess, weird how they always say "viral"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now