I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice. I have a small chip in a crowned tooth. I had planned to get it replaced, but when I went for the appointment this morning, my dentist was a bit worried that she may not be able to do the proceedure sucessfully if the tooth were very weak below. I decided not to go ahead, and to go and think about it, which she thought was quite reasonable.
My main question is this -the chip is small and in a place where the crown meets the tooth next door. I have not actually had any problems, it was just picked up on a routine check up. My dentist has explained what problems might occur, trapped food and the like but what I would really like is a view on wether I should just go ahead and get it replaced, or if I could wait.
Sorry! I'm a bit of a tooth worrier - teenage neglect catching up with me!