Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

help - dd bridesmaid tomorrow and she's developed a sore looking rash under bottom lip????

(9 Posts)
papaya Thu 04-Sep-08 10:52:15

almost looks chapped, could be wind burn.... DS has got it too though, but his is responding to vaseline and aveeno, so think his is more down to dribbling constantly.

any tips too get the redness down?? I am wonderinhg whether i should keep her off nursery thins afternoon so i can keep her creamed constantly....

help!

cmotdibbler Thu 04-Sep-08 10:55:47

Either Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream or Lanisoh regularly applied should do it. You could try popping into a pharmacy and ask for advice too.

sagacious Thu 04-Sep-08 10:57:20

Or good old sudocrem?

papaya Thu 04-Sep-08 10:58:05

the nipple cream lanisoh? think ive got some upstairs yay

papaya Thu 04-Sep-08 10:59:44

shes got sudocream on at the moment lol, wandering around with a whitepatch lol

shes never had this EVER before (she does have a dummy) but has never had a sore chin like this

tiredemma Thu 04-Sep-08 11:00:15

see if you can get something called-

Adcortyl in Orabase.

DS1 has the same problem. This cream seems to do the trick.

Dont know if you can only get it on precription though.

cmotdibbler Thu 04-Sep-08 11:02:17

Yep nipple cream Lanisoh. I've been known to put it on my really manky eczema patches and it works wonders

DiscoDizzy Thu 04-Sep-08 11:17:02

I'd say sudocream too. DD1 dribbles when sucking her thumb and quite frequently gets a rash.

sagacious Thu 04-Sep-08 12:17:05

TBH (and I have been guilty of doing this in the past)I would be careful about trying too many cures in an attempt to speed up healing as her skin might get further irritated by yet more ingredients being put on IYKWIM

If all else fails a dab of coverstick before the photos or photoshop the actual photos

(hey if Maddonna can do it!)

I'm sure she'll look so pretty no one will notice anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now