Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd - should i take her to the drs?

(14 Posts)
nailpolish Mon 21-Feb-05 10:01:11

or will he just tell me to 'go away its a cold'?

she has a dry very tickly cough, coughed nearly all night and she was fine when i got her up this morning its just now she has gone back down for a nap and is lying down again, shes coughing again.

she also has thick green snot - nice!

TIA

SPARKLER1 Mon 21-Feb-05 10:03:40

HI NP! My dd1 (5) had a dreadful cough a few weeks ago. Day and night. I tried everything I could think of to give her but nothing worked. As days went on she didn't seem right so I took her to the doctors and it turned out that she had tonsillitis. If you are not sure go and see the GP. That's what they are there for. It can't do any harm and you'll feel bad like I did if you miss something. xx

nailpolish Mon 21-Feb-05 10:04:49

oh no! i never though if tonsilitis. were the symptoms similar?

SPARKLER1 Mon 21-Feb-05 10:06:14

It might not be tonsillitis in your case - but if it puts your mind at rest go get it checked. DD was feeling quite sleepy but I put it down to the night time coughing making her tired. She also had a temperature.

nailpolish Mon 21-Feb-05 10:44:38

anyone else with some advice oh wise ones?

lockets Mon 21-Feb-05 10:47:49

Message withdrawn

wonkydonky Mon 21-Feb-05 10:48:32

Nailpolish - my dd (1yr) often has similar symptons, sometimes it teething, sometimes a cold. As long as there isn't a temperature (low or high) she should be fine. Just keep an eye on behaviour between naps, if normal then I wouldn't worry too much.

But, like Sparkler says, use the Quacks if you're really concerned or give Healthcall or your health visitor a ring.

nailpolish Mon 21-Feb-05 10:48:43

she quite happy and not even crying bless her

just this horrible cough and thick green snot

nailpolish Mon 21-Feb-05 10:50:25

she is 17 wks so i suppose it could be the start of teething. also drooling and chewing everything she can manage to get to her mouth

as i said shes happy between, no temp

would a cough medicine help do you think?

lockets Mon 21-Feb-05 10:51:06

Message withdrawn

nailpolish Mon 21-Feb-05 10:51:31

no no temp

lockets Mon 21-Feb-05 10:53:49

Message withdrawn

nailpolish Mon 21-Feb-05 10:55:43

ive decided its teeth

wonkydonky Mon 21-Feb-05 10:56:05

I think you can get some tixylix (as long as no allergies) for tickly cough. The Dr told me that babies don't get chesty cough until they are over 1 year. I found the cough medicine didn't improve the cough and created terrible nappy rash. Sounds cruel, but just let nature do it's thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now