Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Grumbling appendix..? Appendicitis..?

(4 Posts)
lulabelle Wed 03-Sep-08 10:45:14

I have had a number of tummy aches recently ranging from dull ache to severe breathtaking pain. I have also noticed that my tummy grumbles a lot more than it usually does?

I had linked these pains to starting around 1 week before my period but now they seem to be coming and going all of the time, right now I have an ache around my appendix area. If it was appendicitis I have no doubt I would be in severe pain and not sitting here at work, but what is grumbling appendix? I have heard it before but no idea what it is?

I have tried to make a GP appointment but can't get in until next week. I'm not in agony but the pain gets me down. I feel a bit sicky sometimes too.

Any ideas what it could be?

lulabelle Wed 03-Sep-08 10:52:51

BUMP...someone on here must know...MN's have all the answers grin

lulabelle Wed 03-Sep-08 11:23:22

anyone?

Wickedwedgiewoman Wed 03-Sep-08 11:37:52

The most common form of appendicitis, which flares up quickly, is known as acute appendicitis and it causes unbearable pain. But there is also a more rare form of appendicitis that can keep coming back (the old-fashioned name for it was the grumbling appendix). This is when the appendix keeps getting inflamed. In this case the appendix may form a lump inside your stomach that will be sore and you will have bouts of pain from time to time.

taken from here

hope it helps and you feel better soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now