Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bad cold/flu now have pain in upper back and chest

(6 Posts)
Buda Wed 03-Sep-08 08:28:15

Have had a cold/flu for a few days. Feel a bit better today but have a pain in my back on the left side just around the shoulder blade and a little below - also have a pain in my chest also left side. Don't have a cough particularly.

Any ideas?

mrspink27 Wed 03-Sep-08 08:56:24

Buda, DH and I had this 10 days ago, followed by high temps, nausea and 4 days in bed... hideous... I really hope you dont have it and that it is just the tail end of a cold. We both had antibiotics in the end as DH ended up with yukky tonsils and I had sinusitis. Get well soon.

Buda Wed 03-Sep-08 10:07:58

Hi mrspink. I haven't had a temp I don't think but have felt completely dreadful. Have spent the last 2 days dozing on the sofa mainly. Am feeling a bit better today. I have not been this ill for a long long time.

MERLYPUSS Wed 03-Sep-08 21:39:00

If it hurts when you take a sharp breath in it could be plurosy. I had it about 3 years ago and had a high temp with it. felt like a stitch only worse. More like to get it if you've ever had pnumonia (sp?) or been inturbated. Both with me.

Buda Thu 04-Sep-08 06:25:21

Hi Merlypuss

No pain on sharp breath - I did cough up some disgusting blood streaked mucous yesterday (sorry if tmi!) and since then pain has disappeared. Nose not nearly as bad either. So am on the mend I think.

Planning another quiet day with lots of fluids, vit c and lying around on sofa reading/watching tv.

FlightAttendent Thu 04-Sep-08 07:59:12

Oh Buda I hope you are feeling much better soon.
Sounds very nasty whatever it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now