Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do you have a wheat intolerance?

(2 Posts)
Gobbledigook Tue 02-Sep-08 23:24:19

Just wondering what symptoms are? Dh is convinced I do - if I eat bread, pasta etc I get really, really bloated and feel utterly sick. Nearly every night I would go to bed feeling sick.

A few months ago we started doing 'no carbs at dinner time' to try and shed just a few pounds and it made a huge difference. I don't think I lost tons of weight (which is fine, I don't need to get thinner) but I definitely had a flat stomach (unheard of, I always have a pot belly usually) and did not feel sick at all.

Woudl everyone find that or does it sound like I'm actually intolerant to it?

murphyslaw Wed 03-Sep-08 10:41:48

Wheat makes me bloat and causes inflammation in my tummy. I am supposed to avoid it to help with my endometriosis. Its really hard I love bread. There are however plenty of alternatives. Spelt bread is lovely (its a derivative of wheat but doesnt effect your body in the same way). It doesnt work for everyone but worth trying. I avoid pasta whenever I can the alternative pastas in the health shop are vile!!!

Might be worth getting an allergy test or avoid wheat products totally for a while to see if your symptons disappear. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now