Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

migraine recovery tips

(6 Posts)
onepieceoflollipop Tue 02-Sep-08 20:24:06

Hi,

I had a migraine today, finally after 3 lots of painkillers and some Pepsi I have shifted the worst of the pain. I know what triggered it = funeral yesterday of family member, 6 hours driving, 2 irritable and overexcitable children and then up x3 in the night with the baby.

I am now feeling so lethargic and unmotivated, feel like I have achieved nothing today. I was irritable with my 4 year old today (shouted twice) and just want today to be over. Any tips to speed my recovery.

TheArmadillo Tue 02-Sep-08 20:25:18

take it easy.
Make sure you are drinking plenty and eating regularly.
Try to make sure you get early night and plenty of sleep.

nell12 Tue 02-Sep-08 20:25:22

Hydrate....

SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

That is all that will help, I am afraid. Hope you feel better soon smile

onepieceoflollipop Tue 02-Sep-08 20:28:22

Thanks for your kind words.

I used to have several every month, now they are rarer. I always feel really angry that I have "lost" that time iykwim.

reikimarie Thu 04-Sep-08 17:41:24

Well it won't help you immediately but only read today on internet that if you take magnesium supplements (400 mg dose I think) per day it can really help reduce migraines!

Which is just as well, as I have a horrid one this past few days and bought some supplements yesterday to help with constipation (sorry if tmi!) so glad it works for two ailments!!

Good luck, I hate migraines.

thesockmonsterofdoom Thu 04-Sep-08 17:48:04

I think following a migraine you just have to do as little as possible and rest when you can, follow the dc tobed tonight and drink plenty of non caffeine drinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now