Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

bad stomach aches, could i have an ulcer

(7 Posts)
southeastastra Tue 02-Sep-08 20:18:21

i might be being a bit paranoid, but have had a stomach pain for two days now, everything i've looked up suggests an ulcer could it just come up that quickly or am i being a hypochondriac

LynetteScavo Tue 02-Sep-08 20:21:27

Could be.

I convinced myself I either had an ulcer or stomach cancer, but it turned out to be a symptom of stress.

southeastastra Tue 02-Sep-08 20:27:30

hope so, argh google

CNFT Tue 02-Sep-08 20:30:15

I have a stomach ulcer.

The pain is more unbearable than childbirth. Swallowing even saliva is crippling. It's a stabbing pain that goes right through the centre of my tummy to my back. I can't sit, lay or do anything during an active 'attack'.

IMO you probably don't have a stomach ulcer or you'd have sought medical attention due to the sheer agony of it.

southeastastra Tue 02-Sep-08 20:38:05

it hurts alot but bearable once i've eaten, then comes back

sorry to hear that cnft sounds crippling. can they not treat it permanently

CNFT Tue 02-Sep-08 20:42:27

I take a drug called Omeprazole twice daily to stop my stomach producing any acid.

Are you in any of the high risk groups for developing an ulcer?

southeastastra Tue 02-Sep-08 20:46:43

i don't know, i do drink (and smoke).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: