Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blood pressure monitoring and pills...

(6 Posts)
solidgoldbrass Tue 02-Sep-08 17:36:13

Firstly, has anyone else had one of those 24-hour monitors fitted? How much of a PITA is it? I have to have one on tomorrow and - oh joy - have a job interview later in the day. Will I be going HiIIISsssss thunk all the way through it?

Also, if a person is vv stressed and therefore hypertensive, do the blood pressure drugs have a soothing effect or will they give me tranquilisers instead (nervous face).

WobblyPig Tue 02-Sep-08 17:41:51

The 24 hour monitors probably give a better indicator of average blood pressure and risk-stratify. If you lose the dip in blood pressure over night that makes it more important to lower your average BP. If you do get stressed your BP will tend to go up and down rather than stay up all day and should reduce at night. Would suggest that it may give inaccurate results if your going for a job-interview as an aytpically stressful experience. i would ask for it to be done on more typical day to give useful results.

solidgoldbrass Tue 02-Sep-08 21:49:25

I am so stressed at the moment as it is that I don't think it will make any difference_ the interview will probably make me less stressed as I havea good chance of getting the job. But thanks anyway.

unknownrebelbang Wed 10-Sep-08 19:24:21

How did the job interview go, and what was it like, using the monitor ?

unknownrebelbang Sun 14-Sep-08 22:42:57

?

unknownrebelbang Wed 17-Sep-08 22:47:47

??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now