Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any recommendations for althetes foot please

(10 Posts)
charliecat Sun 20-Feb-05 20:57:01

Dps just showed me his feet..ewwww!!! Anything you can recommened to banish it for good?

Frizbe Sun 20-Feb-05 20:58:10

I got dd some bum cream from the quacks the other day daktrin, and the pharmacist also gave us some ath foot stuff to go with it? like a baby would have that?

charliecat Sun 20-Feb-05 20:59:58

well i guess you havent tryed and tested it!....wonder why they gave you it?

Frizbe Sun 20-Feb-05 21:04:04

I have Noooooo idea? I can only think that the bum stuff is anti fungal and the two usually come together for other reasons...and my guess is the doc (whom IMO is not very good or nice, and is the one I usually avoid, but was desp to get seen) forgot to alter the perscription!

Catbert Sun 20-Feb-05 21:22:54

I got it lat year. Was horrifed. It's incredibly awful to be the sufferer - all night long scratching away, burning foot, plus feeling like a leper!! Anyway - I got some daktarin cream and powder, made sure my feet were dry, applied thin layer of cream, and dusted with powder. Cleared up in no time. Never had it before, or since - no idea what causes it...

suedonim Mon 21-Feb-05 16:42:51

My foot was almost rotting away last year (bleeugh!!) but nothing worked. The chemist advised Canestan spray, which is pretty strong, and it did the job. Footwear needs to be treated too in case you reinfect yourself.

charliecat Mon 21-Feb-05 16:47:10

well i brought some daktarin spray today. i suggested to dp this time try and see if he can get rid of it totally instead of just treating it when its bad. Had a talc version of something that was years old..hopefully this will be better. Its looks ghastly I must agree!!!!

zippy539 Mon 21-Feb-05 16:51:15

I got it in hospital when I had DS - it was murder to get rid of but eventually Daktarin cream from the chemists did the business.

tomps Mon 21-Feb-05 21:32:11

Wash thoroughly between toes twice a day. Dry thoroughly between toes. Apply neat tea tree oil between the toes - and under toe nails which must be kept short- using different cotton wool bud or whatever between each different toe. Never wear the same pair of shoes two days running. Obviously never wear the same socks twice. May also help to cut down on sugar in the diet if he has a lot - thrush and athletes foot love sugar. HTH

tomps Mon 21-Feb-05 21:33:18

also sprinkling tea tree oil inside shoes as soon as they're removed may help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now