Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Numb lips?

(6 Posts)
Botbot Tue 02-Sep-08 12:42:44

Weird one, this. Woke up on Sunday morning with numb, tingly lips and tongue. Then fingers and toes started feeling numb too (though I may have been imagining this, in a hypochondriac sort of a way).

Called NHS Direct who said it was probably an allergic reaction (no idea what to), and to get some antihistamines down me. Have done so, and they seem to work, but the symptoms come storming back as soon as they've worn off. And they're making me horribly drowsy, even though they're non-drowsy ones.

Just come back from GP who was stumped, but is doing some blood tests just in case there's anything underlying.

The more I think about it, the more I reckon I'm making a mountain out of a molehill and it's just sunburn from Saturday or something. But I just thought I'd ask anyway - has anyone else had these sort of symptoms, and what caused them?

ManxMum Tue 02-Sep-08 12:54:03

have u had dental work or epidural recently?

Botbot Tue 02-Sep-08 12:57:53

Nope. Went to the dentist about 2 months ago, and all he did was fill in a tiny hole in a filling. Had an epidural 2 years ago!

WigWamBam Tue 02-Sep-08 13:01:53

Are you stressed?

I only ask because nerves does that to me. If I get stressed or nervous, my lips go numb - followed by my nose and cheeks sometimes, if I'm really nervous. It affects my hands and feet too.

Botbot Tue 02-Sep-08 13:10:47

No more stressed than usual grin. Tis all very odd.

ManxMum Tue 02-Sep-08 23:45:14

I got this numb/tingly thing and my lips used to visibly swell and go hot like I had been stung. Occassionally, it would be a toe or two.

Never found out precisely what it was, doctor thought it might be residual anaesthesia.

Stress could explain things a lot though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now