Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Where's my libido

(6 Posts)
grouchyoscar Tue 02-Sep-08 11:35:36

Tad blush this one

My libido has upped and left in the past few months. It's just...Biff Bang Pow...gone {shock]

DH is being very patient and I do feel I am letting him down but I can't bear to be touched. I just want to cuddle and be held and that's it. I just freeze. If I do anything I can't say I enjoyed it as much as I used to sad. It's not DH as I can't go solo either.

I don't know if it's my meds, underlying stress or what

Any suggestions or shared experiences?

HTH and TIA

grouchyoscar Tue 02-Sep-08 12:12:59

Any ideas folks?

silvermum Tue 02-Sep-08 21:51:04

same situation here sad - saw a doctor about it today and she thinks most likely exhaustion, but suggested psychosexual counselling hmm and shock - not too sure about that one!
in my case i think a traumatic childbirth is one possible cause, among many. it is crap though, not least cos we want another DS or DD and it's kind of difficult if you don't feel up to making the baby! got to be in it to win it grin so to speak and it's just not happening at the moment.
could your meds be responsible? worth asking your doctor?
have you recently had a baby? (in the last few months)
My DS is now 13 months and i really hoped things would be okay again in that department by now but sadly not...

Califrau Tue 02-Sep-08 21:52:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cheeset Tue 02-Sep-08 22:10:20

What is this 'libido' you speak of?grin

Come to think about it, what is this 'sex' you speak of too? grin

LadyBabo Tue 02-Sep-08 23:14:28

A vague memory is stirring...

Nope, it's gone. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now