Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can u recommend me a homeopath?

(26 Posts)
spod Sun 20-Feb-05 19:49:05

I would like to consult a homeopath but am reluctant to go to someone just out of the book, would rather receive a recommendation. I have tried a local one, and thought her advice odd. Anyone know a good one that would do a phone consultation? (as I live in Norfolk)

bagpussmice Sun 20-Feb-05 19:55:43

Spod - you may find that they want to meet you (and your child, if the treatment is for them)... for an initial consultation. I found mine in a list published by the Sunday Times - I can see if I can find the link as it was on a website if you're interested?
Can't recommend mine sadly as I am a hundred miles away in Reading.

Beetroot Sun 20-Feb-05 19:56:34

Message withdrawn

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 19:57:01

that list would be good, yes please. the one i went to before told me that my dd's problems were down to breastfeeding and that i should stop. she was under a year at the time! am still bfing!

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 19:57:47

bagpuss... could you ask her if she would do a consultation for us?

melon1 Sun 20-Feb-05 19:59:09

Spod, can I ask what it is you want treated? I am currently using a homeopath for dd's eczema, and am not totally confident about her.

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 20:01:42

well... its a long story, but basically boils down to trapped wind, very painful, screams for hours at night, has done for months... seems to be some sort of food intolerance or other gastro prob. she's better since being gluten free, but problem still there.... we have tried everything. seen a pead... they are not helping get to the bottom off it. feel very fobbed off and depressed... dd in a lot of pain.

melon1 Sun 20-Feb-05 20:03:39

I feel for you Spod. I know it's not the same, but it's so depressing when there is something wrong with your child, and you can't do anything to help them. Keep your chin up, hope it gets sorted soon.x

Beetroot Sun 20-Feb-05 20:05:06

Message withdrawn

bagpussmice Sun 20-Feb-05 20:07:05

Message withdrawn

bagpussmice Sun 20-Feb-05 20:09:45

just realised I shouldn't have posted her details... don't know how to withdraw the message - oops

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 20:10:53

thanks, I will CAT you both. Bagpussmice... my dd also 16 months! (october 17 2003) we have tried everything.... really dragging us down now. What were the remedies you have used so far and have they helped? my dd screams for hours some nights....

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 20:11:46

email tech and ask them to withdraw
should i email her do u think, or would u rather i didnt?

bagpussmice Sun 20-Feb-05 20:16:03

OMG!!! Same birth-date - spooky!!! Maybe it's something to do with babies born on that day ! Please CAT me - maybe we can talk on email in more detail.

bagpussmice Sun 20-Feb-05 20:16:55

I don't think she would mind an email - I often email her - sometimes it's easier initally, then she may ask you to call her...

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 20:17:11

i had a feeling u were gonna say the same birth day! weird... I have cat'ed you.... whats been going on with your dd then?

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 20:19:07

i have to go do bedtime with dd now... i'll come back later.... tell me about your dd.... so glad we're not the only ones going through this!

bagpussmice Sun 20-Feb-05 20:21:47

Spod - I will tell you all on email once I have your details... it's too long winded ('xcuse the pun!!! to post here...

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 21:42:27

okay, no worries, know what u mean!

Jimjams Sun 20-Feb-05 22:20:25

spod- I'm training to be a homeopath and would recommend finding one you get on with (I'm too far away unfortunately- down here I could recommend you 4!) However can I also suggest cranial osteopathy- they are very good with gut problems - especially physical ones like trapped wind. Im not sure they could treat the cause but they would probably help with the pain.

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 22:28:12

thanks jimjams, we do see a great cranial osteopath... helps a bit.

Jimjams Sun 20-Feb-05 22:45:50

can he/she recommend a good local homeopath- often they know each other.

spod Sun 20-Feb-05 23:18:50

unfortunately, it was the cranial osteopath who recommended the homeopath i went to, the one who said i should stop breastfeeding as milk was no longer necessary (dd was under a year). Cranial osteopath was a little taken a back too!

Prufrock Tue 22-Feb-05 11:03:02

spod - there is a list here . I would advise calling a few local ones first and talking to them - by asking a few pointed questions you should be able to work out if they are on your wavelength.
Alternatively try Adrianna . I have consulted her in person in the past and she was great- really helped suport me through an awful pregnacy, and cured my dd's constant colds when she was small.
She is very into working alongside convetional medicine, and using nutrition alongside homeopathy.

bundle Tue 22-Feb-05 11:05:26

on the faculty of homeopaths website there are 4 in Norfolk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now