Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone swapped there brand of contrecption pill and felt better ?

(4 Posts)
laughalot Tue 02-Sep-08 09:57:33

Feeeling a bit low at the minute think I need to swap my pill round been on the same one since I was 17. I have 2 children and find myself getting very stressed about nothing.

laughalot Tue 02-Sep-08 11:41:14

Anyone

MamaG Tue 02-Sep-08 11:43:24

I was on the pill from aged 17 and my GP changed my brand at the beginning of this year, aftering always taking hte same one.

I'm now 32 weeks pregnant and took the new pill reliably. Beware!

Chat to your GP about possible reasons for you feeling low and see what they suggest, maybe a new pill would work, maybe it wouldn't.

Best of luck

mrsmontano Tue 02-Sep-08 21:53:19

Funny to hear your experience MamaG, a similar thing has happened to me. I was on the same pill for about 8 years before changing to a new one, took the new pill carefully as instructed and I'm now 20 weeks pregnant!

laughalot - the new pill that I changed to made me feel pretty low and emotional, so I'd say that your pill could possibly be causing the way you feel too. It's just started affecting you differently now as your natural hormone levels have changed as youve got older and had children.
All you can do is try a new one to find out I guess? Hope you're feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now