Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really bad tummy aches that occur after eating things. help pls off to docs this morning

(9 Posts)
jellyjelly Tue 02-Sep-08 09:38:33

Since i had my son who is now five i have been unable to eat things as it cause a huge amount of trapped wine that sorry if tmi results in shoulder pain, under colar bone in my blades everywhere so much that i have to be winded to get the stuff up. I then end up burping for hours (last night i was being winded for 5 hours). It is so horrible and i need soemthing to be done. My docs are a bit crap but what could it be?

Last night i had lamb with salad in a pitta and for lunch had a chicken - not a whole one with some white baguette.

I cant eat pizza as it gives me d and v.

Am pretty healthy apart from this but i do often get d and v for no reason.

jellyjelly Tue 02-Sep-08 09:39:32

I forgot to say that it is enough to take my breathe away and its doesnt all come up as berps.

jellyjelly Tue 02-Sep-08 12:38:21

bump

Neeerly3 Tue 02-Sep-08 12:46:56

IBS? or perhaps reflux.....when you are winded does it burn? do your burps smell?

I have IBS, worse when stressed and triggered by certain foods. when having an episode, my burps smell of rotten egg and my trumps (ahem, sorry) like rotten cabbage and can switch from D to constipation in hours.

Doc should be able to tell....you may even have a hernia (the high up one near stomach).

OrmIrian Tue 02-Sep-08 12:47:55

Gluten. It's a bugger!

I have an on-off relationship with gluten. It can make me quite ill at times. Other times the symptoms are unnoticeable. But wind/bloating/cramps etc can be quite bad. Didn't ever get v, but often d when it's at it's worst.

Neeerly3 Tue 02-Sep-08 12:51:18

my triggers are often gluten based too Orm, bread, pasta, red meat is a bugger too.

Shannaratiger Tue 02-Sep-08 12:58:03

jelly god that sounds soo horrible. I can't eat wheat as it gives me constipation or D and causes all my muscles to swell up so that I can barely move. Dairy just makes me v instantly.

jellyjelly Tue 02-Sep-08 14:37:30

i WAS RUBBING MY TUMMY AT THE DOCTORS and one of the receptionist looked at my tummy and then looked at me with a smile and was about to congratulate me till i shock my head. She thought i was pregnant i am so bloated.

I had a examination years ago and was told to eat a high fibre diet to control my d then but i really couldnt. This was 17 yrs ago, maybe 15.

Its not indigestion as i get that sometimes when my tummy is ok. Its not hot all the time. I feel really lethargic.

The doc was good and could see that i was in pain and gave me some tablets to take for a month and i am to go back and see him and he will then decide if i need to have a camera down my throat to check for ulcers. I am not sure if i am to avoid eating gluten/diary as he did mention trying them when i had someone to look after my son.

notcitrus Tue 02-Sep-08 16:29:01

IBS or a fat intolerance? After an allergic reaction to voltarol (d+v for 4 days, narrowly avoided a drip) my stomach was 'one big ulcer' and I couldn't eat anything but yoghurt, cereal with skimmed milk, apples and bananas for about 9 months.

Slowly it got better with omeprazole etc, but any fatty food (pizza or any other take-away, lattes with semi-skimmed milk, any icecream, cheese...), or alcohol meant a big nasty relapse. After about 4 years I could often get away with one 'bad' item a week. At that point the doc felt it was more IBS than anything else.

Ironically as soon as I got pregnant I got better - instead of ms, I stopped throwing up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now