Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

toddler with light rash on face - need advice

(6 Posts)
salinger Sun 20-Feb-05 13:18:30

Just wondering if you can give me some advice. My 18 months toddler has had for about 3 weeks now a red raised rush on both his cheecks, below the eyes. It sort of comes and goes. I am a bit concerned that he may have inherited my seborrheic dermatitis. It does not seem to bother him though. Has your toddler had a similar rash that went away by itself? Many thanks.

suzywong Sun 20-Feb-05 13:19:48

yes
and yes

IMO it's being indoors a lot with central heating (don't tell me you live on a coffee plantation in Columbia or something )

salinger Tue 22-Feb-05 21:14:41

thanks suzywong (great name by the way) - it is an odd rash - it becomes dry and a bit flaky and it looks as it is on its way out and then suddenly for no apparent reason it flares up again. Anybody else with a similar experience?

WigWamBam Wed 23-Feb-05 10:38:24

My dd had this kind of problem when she was a similar age, and it seemed to be a combination of cold weather and, as suzywong said, central heating. Vaseline is soothing, and I found it stopped my dd's skin from drying out quite so much.

suzywong Wed 23-Feb-05 11:02:01

salinger, it is in fact, my real name!

salinger Tue 01-Mar-05 19:48:14

Thanks a lot. You are probably right and will try the vaseline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now