Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

We had peaches, we had plums, we had strawberries in the sun, but the peaches and the plums, like the strawberries are all gone - 10 / 10 thread

(939 Posts)
FrannyandZooey Mon 01-Sep-08 08:55:33

For anyone who wants a boost to their general health. The suggested goals are:

EAT 10 PORTIONS OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES EVERY DAY - if you don't usually eat much fruit and veg I would build up gradually or you could upset your digestion.

DO (AT LEAST) 10 MINUTES OF EXERCISE EVERY DAY - can be yoga, stretching or something more energetic. The plan is that the idea of doing 10 minutes is not too daunting, and having started you may well find you want to do more.

There are no restrictions on what you eat so long as you get your 10 fruit and veg as well. The focus is not on weight loss but on improving our energy levels and hopefully our general mood and well-being. Sign up below and post here to tell us how you're getting on and how you are feeling.

Basic guidance on what constitutes a portion of fruit and veg here and you can download more detailed information by following the link at the very bottom of the page

FrannyandZooey Mon 01-Sep-08 08:56:29

I fiddled with the title a bit
it seemed right for the end of summer
autumn is here - september - yay!
and yes I know the plums are just starting really

FrannyandZooey Mon 01-Sep-08 08:58:21

morning all
I am planning to bore thrill you with my birth story soon
have it half written

strawberries, pineapple, melon, raisins

ds1 been reading some stories about India, now insists on calling me 'Mamaji'

Guadalupe Mon 01-Sep-08 09:25:48

DD likes the little babaji books, especially when they eat thousands of pancakes.

My house still stinks and I was too tired to wash up last night so there are bowls of shells in the kitchen with little alien-like creatures stuck to them. I won't say what they remind me of.

No food yet.

Overrun Mon 01-Sep-08 09:50:58

Just an orange juice so far, but planning on doing some fruit and veg shopping this morning, along with getting a new sandwhich bag for ds1 as his old one is rotten in one corner, I have just found out today. Need to get two winter coats as well and then I'm done.
Oh apart from ironing on name tags on uniform this evening and polishing shoes.

filthymindedvixen Mon 01-Sep-08 09:51:32

lol at mamaji - I call my mother that sometimes to annoy her (she was born in Lahore...)

Love the title, summer didn't really happen and is in any case, is deffo over so we may as well embrace the autumn...sigh

AGGH! Got interupted from posting by magotty cat food (Ms are my loofahs Franny IFSWIM.)

Then a giant actual loofah I was trying to remove from camping cold box ran up my arm and into my hair...)
within 3 mins of the M thingy.

I need a cup of tea,,,,I am shaking.

zippitippitoes Mon 01-Sep-08 09:53:32

love the title

im surprised you young people know such tunes has it been rereleased some time

no food yet

RustyBear Mon 01-Sep-08 09:55:15

Your titles are becoming subliminal! - I just found myself humming 'Seasons in the Sun' with no idea why (I hate the song!), then I saw this thread. Must have noticed it subconsciously before.

Please fill it up quickly, or I will be stuck with that tune in my head for ages....

filthymindedvixen Mon 01-Sep-08 10:01:14

yes, it was one of Berry Blacks Terry Jacks finest moments, that song...

Have considered signing up for ages,

Here I am taking the plum(ge)

Does dried fruit or juice count?

filthymindedvixen Mon 01-Sep-08 10:07:13

yay! Fresh blood pomegranite juice for us. Welcome!

Dried fruit does count and fruit juice but only as one portion - ie, you can't drink 10 glasses of OJ a day and claim you have achieved 10...

AnnVan Mon 01-Sep-08 10:08:40

Just saw your title, and instantly had 'Seasons in the sun' running through my head hmm

grin

Am on three then

Oj
Rasins
Banana

How hard can 7 more be? grin

RustyBear Mon 01-Sep-08 10:11:08

I'm still more 5/2 than 10/10, but at least I'm making a start.....

BBBee Mon 01-Sep-08 10:13:09

hi wherethewildthingsthingsare

i am a bit crap at this but it does make you think about it more and i am much better than i used to be.

so far......

an apple
HUZZAH!

i am going to try out zippi's more concious efforts for a bit - with a little variation but the same premise.

top title

Guadalupe Mon 01-Sep-08 10:20:05

I DON'T GET THE TITLE

filthymindedvixen Mon 01-Sep-08 10:38:21

here you go, you young whippersnapper, you!

Guadalupe Mon 01-Sep-08 10:45:10

I can see it but I can't hear it for some reason. What a hairdo!

RustyBear Mon 01-Sep-08 10:45:25

OMG - those trousers!

filthymindedvixen Mon 01-Sep-08 10:47:46

the chorus is ''we had joy we had fun, we had seasons in the sun, but the hills that we climbed were just
seasons out of time...''

<<weeps as I didi when I first heard this song, aged 7>>

filthymindedvixen Mon 01-Sep-08 10:48:52

oh and ''but the wine and the song like the seasons are all gone...''

Tatties Mon 01-Sep-08 10:54:45

Morning! Just checking in
Welcome new people

OJ

I am also shaking and need a cup of tea. Don't think I ate enough breakfast. Or am pre-menstrual or something

OsmosisBanana Mon 01-Sep-08 11:17:51

oh god. What a title. Am crying a little.

Maybe something to do with being forced along to another festival my (against my wishes in all honesty) and therefore another 2 nights of no sleep rather than the title.

Have to cook dinner for 8 tonight, one a veggie....

How does this run?

grilled halloumi with chilli and lemon dressing

chicken / butternut squash tagine with bulgar wheat

apple tarts with almond butter cream (if I can be arsed)

I don't think that'll require too much effort, except the tarts....

what I am scared of is the tesco mission first..... Shudder..

Right will read thread now, then clean, then shop, then make food. Maybe I'll get a shotat a shower today....

filthymindedvixen Mon 01-Sep-08 11:21:19

mmmm, what time are you dishing up then OB...<<checks train timetable >>

I have only managed apple juice (and some pancakes...)

OsmosisBanana Mon 01-Sep-08 11:28:18

deary me FMV, we have the same husband, you are crying in your patch of the country over a thread title as am I (have had FAR too much fun this summer) and we seem to lurk at the same evnts but not at the same time.....

Maybe we are sisters and I was put up for adoption cos your Mum couldn't cope with me? Or maybe you were born out of wedlock and the shame heaped on the family ws so great they had to put you up for adoption? Maybe the same for mineand your husband too? Have we married brothers!?!?!?

I know, lets take it to 'Bella' and see if they'll give us £50 for our story grin

mixed salad bag so far. That was all I could face for B/Fast. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now