Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

13mo with bad breath - normal?

(6 Posts)
euromum Sun 31-Aug-08 22:12:02

For the last few days my 13mo dd has had quite smelly breath - a bit like adult early-morning breath, but all day. She's just getting her first teeth now (2 at once) but I have no idea if that's anything to do with it. Is it normal? Something to do with her (generally balanced and healthy) diet maybe? Will it go away? Oh for the days when she smelled all sweet and milky...!

wilkos Sun 31-Aug-08 22:15:51

my dd has this some days, not bad, just different to normal. think its related to teeth and also whether she has had enough to drink (water or milk). definitely more pungent when i get her out of her cot in the morning!

I love it though [weirdo emoticon]

glasgowgal Sun 31-Aug-08 22:17:19

Sometimes a little smelly breath can be sign of a being alittle run down/ill/virus. I have noticed it in my dcs when ill. Could she be coming down with something?

misi Sun 31-Aug-08 22:19:03

if shes cutting teeth, she is producing an acid to help break down the gum to allow the teeth through. this when mixed with saliva and stomach acids produce a whiffy smell!!

taking childrens friendly bugs or in this case, eating a sugar free friendly bug yoghurt may help.
if the smell turns to being like drains then it could be the acid is having a detrimental effect on her digestive system and this is when a product like 'solaray's' 'babylife' will be better

www.suzannes.com/allnatenpow2.html

LittlePushka Sun 31-Aug-08 22:22:21

Yep, my DS1 has a whiffif the teeth are on the move then it goes away.

Still kiss him though!

euromum Sun 31-Aug-08 22:28:18

Wow what quick replies! ANd thank you for your ideas - all very reassuring! As well as the teeth she has been back at creche for a week or so after the hols, so could well be going down with something, it only seems to taker her a few days! Will make sure she drinks more over the next few days too and see if that helps. And definitley still kiss her - I sort of love it too wilkos, obviously even her bad breath is beautiful smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now