Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

what does a trapped nerve feel like?

(4 Posts)
juicychops Sun 31-Aug-08 17:38:13

my foot has suddenly started hurting today. in my ankle it feels like there is a pin stick inside it and its pinching every time i step on my right foot

is this a trapped nerve? i have no idea but it hurts quite a lot

misi Sun 31-Aug-08 18:51:33

it bloody hurts like mad!!

mine was in my shoulder many years ago, felt like a burning knife stuck in the joint shock
I found that if I moved my arm one way, I started to get pins and needles in my hand then forearm, then all the way up if I was stupid enough to stay in the position grin by moving my arm around, I could get rid of the pain completely but it required a lot of thought not to forget about it.

as this is your ankle all I can say now is to rest up and find a way to hold your foot so it don't hurt, and go see a doc in the morning if you can, no idea if it is a trapped nerve though, maybe a pulled tendon/ligament if you trod/foot slipped badly at all

juicychops Sun 31-Aug-08 19:17:58

it doesn;t sound as bad as your trapped nerve you had so maybe its not that.

i went ice skating on friday but it didn't hurt yesterday, just started hurting today. and ive just walked down the stairs and obviously trod on it wrong and it really hurts shock

Piffle Sun 31-Aug-08 19:26:45

burning numbness so severe it makes you want to chop your limb off
I have had multiple nerve issues. Over most now
If it runs on the outside and when it hurts you feel it run down into your foot it could be nerve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now