Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DH bleeding heavily from his bowel

(11 Posts)
saffy202 Sat 30-Aug-08 15:35:38

He is due to go to hospital on Wednesday for the camera checkup. Obviously the word 'cancer' comes to mind but could there be any other cause? He is not in any pain but has gone down a trouser size in weight.

I know we should just wait until after the tests but it is worrying!

Waswondering Sat 30-Aug-08 15:36:55

TBH given this I would phone out of hours GP or even phone A&E for guidance.

I have a friend who had this - it wasn't cancer but she was in hospital for a day or two till it settled.

Good luck!

zippitippitoes Sat 30-Aug-08 15:42:06

if he is bleeding heavily then i would get medical advice today

moshie Sat 30-Aug-08 15:43:11

It could be ulcerative colitis or crohn's disease, both long term problems but controlled by medication.

oi Sat 30-Aug-08 15:43:37

hmm yes if it's heavy bleeding, definitely get some help now.

It isn't always cancer. But obviously that's something they'll look for. Quite a few bowel diseases can cause bleeding.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 30-Aug-08 15:52:55

Saffy any chance you could get to A and E today ? Just for reassurance, and to get a head start on finding what is causing the bleeding.

I think that Wednesday is too long to wait.

saffy202 Sat 30-Aug-08 15:58:08

Sorry, by heavy bleeding, I don't mean continously. There is a considerable amount that seems to buildup throughout the day. The gp is aware of this (dh took photos on his mobile blush)and so he has been fast-tracked. He is happy to wait until Wednesday, like I say he isn't in pain, I was just wondering what else it could be.

ThingOne Wed 03-Sep-08 23:01:38

How did it go saffy?

NoMoreOlympics Wed 03-Sep-08 23:04:08

bump

chapstickchick Wed 03-Sep-08 23:12:24

bump

socialpariah Fri 05-Sep-08 12:44:46

I have crohns and bleed constantly from my bowel regardless of the large amounts of medication that I take. I do have pain with it though so maybe its something not as sinister as cancer as a bowel condition.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now