Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Suddenly I've got really bad B.O. Is there anything I can do?

(10 Posts)
clumsymum Sat 30-Aug-08 13:18:21

I think it's started cos I'm a bit stressed:- dh depressed, I've had a big work project on this last week, organising surpise for ds's birthday this coming monday, juggling childcare etc etc ....

But during this week's humid weather, I REEK. I normally shower each morning, but I've been showering when I come in from work too, doubled up on deoderant, and I'm still aware of it.

Haven't been eating anything unusual, can't think of any other cause.

Suggestions anyone?

clumsymum Sat 30-Aug-08 13:41:59

?

SqueakyPop Sat 30-Aug-08 13:46:16

Use an antiperspirant, not just a deo

shinyshoes Sat 30-Aug-08 14:20:48

I'm watching this with interest as this has happened to me too recently.

I bathe EVERY day, (dont have a shower) within 20 mins I am smelling, I swapped deodrant to Mithcum, it was a god send for a coupe of months then suddenly no good. OH has even mentioned it, I don't know what else I can do. My clothes and body are clean and I wear cotton.

blush

Medowflowers Sat 30-Aug-08 14:24:05

This happened to me - after having both ds. My sister gave me some 'Anhydrol Forte'. Its a roll on to stop excess sweating and its brilliant. You can get it on prescription, but I believe alo over the counter. It isnt expensive. Just grow your armpit hair first, as it will sting your skin!

shinyshoes Sat 30-Aug-08 14:29:10

Where do I get 'Anhydrol Forte' from Meadowflowers?

Sorry to hijack this thread clumsymum blush

clumsymum Sat 30-Aug-08 15:57:53

No it is an antiperspirant, Mum roll-on.

Thing is I don't think I'm excessively sweaty (altho it has been very warm & humid recently), just smelling more.

Come to think of it, I think it happened to me soon after having ds, but that was 9 years ago, I can't remember how long it lasted.

Oh blimey, it couldn't be my age, could it (coming up to 48) ????

schneebly Sat 30-Aug-08 16:10:42

are you keeping your armpits shaved? Have you eaten lots of garlic or something maybe?

shinyshoes Sat 30-Aug-08 16:43:21

I do eat lots of garlic, but no more than I always have done.

I am always shaved under my armpits

jalopy Sat 30-Aug-08 18:01:25

Drink plenty of fluids. That can definitely help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now