Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Childbirth/Bleeding Question

(4 Posts)
FrockHorror Fri 29-Aug-08 11:33:26

I gave birth to DS 11 weeks ago and had the usual bleeding afterwards, however, it seemed to go on and on much longer than after I had DD. After about 9 weeks, it finally stopped and I had a wonderful week bleed free.

Anyway, last friday, I started bleeding again and took it as the return of my period. Duly started taking my pill again but now after 7 days, the bleeding is actually not period like at all, but more like lochia again. It also seems to be getting heavier rather than easing off. If it were a period, I would be over it by now, as they only tend to last 5 days max.

Is it normal to resume post birth bleeding in this way or is it possible that my first period since having DS is a bit weird?

On top of this, I have been experiencing very mild period type cramps, dizziness, nausea and terrible headaches. I have now stopped taking the pill in case it is a side effect of that, but after three days, I'm not feeling much better. I'm just wondering whether it is worth seeing the Gp about or whether I could contact a midwife to ask them. Either way, I'm not convinced that its right and its getting me down.

notnowbernard Fri 29-Aug-08 11:34:49

Go to your GP and explain

Could be a number of things... best to get it checked smile

mishymoo Fri 29-Aug-08 11:35:14

Not much advice I'm afraid but I would ring my midwife or go and see my GP just for piece of mind, because you clearly sound worried.

NoMoreOlympics Fri 29-Aug-08 11:35:28

see your dr.

it is possible there is some placenta left behind (potentially serious)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now