Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mmr question (not the usual should i/shouldnt i)

(19 Posts)
lilsmum Fri 18-Feb-05 22:13:38

dd is booked to have her mmr on monday she is almost 13 mth...anyway what i wanted to know is do they get the gp to check over before they have the mmr? like when they have their earlier inj's? the reason i ask is dd is just getting over some sort of viral rash it has almost gone now but wondering if they will postpone her mmr because of it?

jane313 Fri 18-Feb-05 22:14:47

Mine was never checked out by a gp before any of his injections

littlemissbossy Fri 18-Feb-05 22:15:29

Is the mmr given by your practice nurse? or your GP? she needs to be 100% well before she has it, they will ask you about recent illnesses anyway, but don't check her over as such IYKWIM

lilsmum Fri 18-Feb-05 22:22:48

it given by the nurse, dd completely fine as in no cold or anything at all, she just got this really weird rash all over her legs and i took her to gp yesterday (it had pretty much gone then) and he said it was just a viral thing, think it totally gone now though, but would rather postpone the mmr than give it her now and something else happen iykwim

dinny Fri 18-Feb-05 22:25:24

postpone it, Lilsmum. may as well, what's the hurry anyway

lilsmum Fri 18-Feb-05 22:27:22

i know dinny, think i will, they start harrassing you as soon as your baby turns 12mth!!! but also want it over and done with too iykwim

dinny Fri 18-Feb-05 22:31:26

my dd hasn't had mmr, I just chuck their reminders away.

lockets Fri 18-Feb-05 22:40:43

Message withdrawn

amynnixmum Fri 18-Feb-05 22:41:44

Practice nurse did both of my children and they were fine but if you are anxious its probably better to ask for another appointment at a later date.

janeybops Fri 18-Feb-05 23:10:21

the only reason they can't have it is if they have had a temp in last 24 hours apparently. at least that is what the practise nurse told me.

SofiaAmes Sat 19-Feb-05 22:41:18

I would postpone it for another week just to be on the safe side.

lucy5 Sat 19-Feb-05 22:49:41

I'd postpone just to be on the safe side. You could phone nhs direct and see what they say.

lilsmum Sun 20-Feb-05 23:57:03

thanks everyone!!
i am gonna ring docs in morn see what they say, the rash is back on her legs so i really think they will postpone it now anyone

xx

MarsLady Mon 21-Feb-05 00:03:50

I told you we were in sync lilsmum. The DTs have their mmr on Thursday.

Do what your instincts tell you. If you feel you should postpone, then postpone.

lilsmum Mon 21-Feb-05 00:16:35

marslady, lol!!! definately inline aren't they?? when were/are your dt's 1?
i would be fine about it all, its just this "viral" rash thats got me ummming and aaahing, think i will put it off for a week or so.
x

MarsLady Mon 21-Feb-05 00:18:00

They were 1 on the 11th. A week ago Friday. Can't believe that time has passed so quickly.

lilsmum Mon 21-Feb-05 00:19:43

i know, its so scary isnt it? i wish i had enjoyed lilly more when she was tiny because now she is a huge monster thats tells me off and rants like an italian lol

MarsLady Mon 21-Feb-05 00:25:02

DT2 can scream for the United Kingdom. He stands and screams until someone does what he wants. DT1 throws herself to the ground and flik flaks away. I try so hard not to laugh. Fail dismally though.

DT1 can point to the correct sibling. We discovered this yesterday. We are so proud. DT2 just kisses everyone.

lilsmum Mon 21-Feb-05 17:04:38

well dd had her mmr at 3.30pm, they said it was fine to give her and they knew aout the rash, she didnt even cry...i was dreading it when she got the needle out, it was huge!!! anyway she was fine just gave the nurse a really dirty look lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now