Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

'postmans foot' HELP!

(5 Posts)
salsmum Wed 27-Aug-08 23:58:48

Over the past 6 months or so I've had the most awful pains in my heels I went to gp and he said it's a condition commonly known as postmans foot it's usually in peeps that walk alot [i do'nt] or climbers [i'm not]soo he gave me diclofenac that gave me really bad stomache [i took after food] i'ts only 1 heel now but gives me soo much pain after restin i can barely walk I get pain at night as well sad. GP said I should go back if tabs not workin but he said I'd have to have hidraquartizone injections that are very painfull [quote] has anyone else had this it's driving me nutz as i'm a full time carer and I worry it'l get worse.

emma1977 Thu 28-Aug-08 00:04:23

Used to be called policeman's heel, but a guess policemen do less walking these days.

It tends to get better with time, heel inserts and good supportive footwear. Anti-infammatories are good for pain relief.

Hydrocortisone injections are flipping painful and not always successful.

salsmum Thu 28-Aug-08 00:07:42

Thanx emma1977
I did try volterol cream last night but it did'nt really make a difference i'll try again tonight .

Califrau Thu 28-Aug-08 00:23:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

salsmum Thu 28-Aug-08 00:53:55

thanx califrau I think thats what doc said it was [memory fadin too] blushlast time i climbed a hill was when i went on school journey...a while ago lol I've not worn high heels really because as carer not practical but i'm a little worried when u said you've had it for years sad I was hopin it would be shortish term [quietly whispers] I did wear a pair of 'crocs' when i stayed in a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to ease it. must be the bobbly bits at the bottom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now