Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Could underwire bra be causing my breast pain.

(9 Posts)
ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Fri 18-Feb-05 18:24:27

Have pain in left breast. Feels tender but can't find any lumps or swellings. I remember I had this a while back when I used to wear underwire bras. Swopped to ones without, pain went away.
Bought some new bras that I didn't realise were underwire and pain has returned.

I know it sounds like an obvious question but could the pain and underwire be linked?

TIA

HunkerMunker Fri 18-Feb-05 18:31:22

Can you try stopping wearing the underwired bras and seeing if the pain goes? I think there's a good chance it's linked

snafu Fri 18-Feb-05 18:32:18

Will be interested to hear answers as I have exactly the same thing. Have always worn underwires though and, since stopping bf-ing, have no tits left so need something!!!

FineFigureFio Fri 18-Feb-05 18:33:18

are you wearing the right size, as i got this too

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Fri 18-Feb-05 18:34:24

Not sure fio as I have grwon so much lately (everywhere unfortunately )

FineFigureFio Fri 18-Feb-05 18:35:54

its not just that the size varies so much in different shops
m&s are usually best fit for bras

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Fri 18-Feb-05 18:37:27

Funny you should say that Fio as I was wearing some m&s bras (that I had been measured for) and have worn them to death. I grew a couple of sizes and ended up shoving a few £5 ones from Asds in my trolley.

I know they are expensive but I must go to M&S and get some new ones that fit properly (without wire)

Chocol8 Fri 18-Feb-05 18:41:01

I have had this before Bloss - even on 2 identical bras (twins, you know!). One is lovely and comfy and the other must at some point have been slightly bent at the end of the underwiring - I was in agony! Sounds like the wire could be the culprit. x

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Fri 18-Feb-05 18:45:12

Ouch sounds painful chocol8. Must invest in some well fitted bras. A bit skint at the moment though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: