Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can anyone recommend a good physio - West Yorks - Hudds/Wakefield area

(21 Posts)
Tobermory Wed 27-Aug-08 15:43:20

Need to see one pretty urgently.

Any recommendations?

HuddsLass Wed 27-Aug-08 21:53:17

I go here and have been very happy with the results.

Tobermory Wed 27-Aug-08 21:55:43

huddslass, after much googling that's who I've opted for. Have app. Tomorrow afternoon. Who do you see?

LackaDAISYcal Wed 27-Aug-08 21:58:48

oh, probably too late to add to this if you've booked already, but I go here. One of the partners is the wife of a colleague of DHs and used to do sports physio with the England rugby league team. she is very very good.

HuddsLass Wed 27-Aug-08 22:01:18

PL himself.

Back is virtually better.

Tobermory Wed 27-Aug-08 22:05:38

Im seeing him too. Can only dream of a better back, god it hurts!

LDC- more choice for me is a bad thing. Will bear in mind just in case. Ta

HuddsLass Wed 27-Aug-08 22:08:26

It's truly awful, isn't it?

Good luck - hope it gets sorted soon.

fatzak Wed 27-Aug-08 22:15:53

I can recommend a fab osteopath here

Hope you get sorted with your back. I have had problems with mine for the first time this year and have never ever known such pain. First time round I just drugged myself up, it never really got better, then second time it just left me completely imobile. Took about seven sessions but then was fine, although I must admit, four months down the line and I am feeling the odd twinge now and then sad

Tobermory Wed 27-Aug-08 22:25:03

fatzak, what exactly is an osteopath? How dobthey differ from Physio?

fatzak Wed 27-Aug-08 22:32:15

Not sure! When I go to the osteopath, he does some deep muscle kind of massagey-type thing to begin with, but then does the clicking all the bones back into place thing. When I went for the first time, they found out that my sacro-iliac (spelling??) joint ( big one at bottom of spine/pelvis)was out of place, so as a result I had been over compensating and throwing my body to one side. I ended up with a muscle which was over tight and trapping my sciatic nerve (did you know that your sciatic nerve is as wide as your thumb - no wonder it bloody hurts) The first time he clicked my joints back into place, you've never heard anything like it!!

Tobermory Wed 27-Aug-08 22:36:37

oMG sounds painful!

fatzak Wed 27-Aug-08 22:41:31

The first time was, now its just more clicking than anything!! Between you and me (because no one else will be reading I hope!!) I have this huge fear of farting when he pushes and rolls me over ( God, that sounds dirty doesn't it!)

Where abouts are you Tobermory? (being v nosy here as I'm in between Hudds and Wakefield!!!)

LackaDAISYcal Wed 27-Aug-08 22:53:23

pmsl fatzak grin...I've been to an osteo before and felt the same...all that loosening up of things!

I felt it was a very surreal experience, being manipulated and manhandled by a stranger when lying in my undies.

Osteo is a bit more holistic than a physio and does all the bone manipulation which I've never had from a physio. Well worth it if the problem is mechanical rather than muscular ime.

Tobermory Wed 27-Aug-08 22:56:42

No one will be reading. Are you implying I start a dull thread?!?!
All that poggling is bound to be at least a bit awkward?
The first time I went to the rubbish nhs Physio no one warned me that I should take shorts or wear big pants ! blush
I live close to a mining museum . Dont know how subtle to be!

fatzak Wed 27-Aug-08 23:08:15

Oh very near to me Tobermory!! I'm in Flockton( I never divulge anything on here anyway so i will just say where I am - well apart from my farting phobia at the osteopath!!)

I actually keep my jeans on so there's not any embarrasing flesh on show (and there's enough of mine thats for sure!!)

Tobermory Wed 27-Aug-08 23:15:14

Oooh, I'm in the next village! Wierd! Come to flockton regularly to pick up parcels from PO up the annoyingly steep slope!

fatzak Wed 27-Aug-08 23:18:05

Oh but isn't he friendly in the Post office!! There's another MNetter in Flockton who I only met on here despite being able to able to see her house from mine!!

Tobermory Thu 28-Aug-08 09:56:56

Now, every time i drive through Flockton and see a woman with pushchair/child am gonna be wonderign if its you!

fatzak Thu 28-Aug-08 12:15:47

wink

HuddsLass Thu 28-Aug-08 15:53:32

Well Tobermory, I guess by now you'll have found out that keeping jeans on isn't an option smile

I've had to learn NOT to go in jeans, in fact, because the first time I did, I realised I was displaying a HUGE indentation around my middle blush.

Tobermory Thu 28-Aug-08 16:58:18

Huddslass, thanks for the warning shock shock

Wishing i had opted for sensible pants this morning! blush x 1000!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: