Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My eye! my eye!

(9 Posts)
objectivity Wed 27-Aug-08 09:12:41

I woke up this morning with a purple streak across my lid close to the nose side. I don't know whatit is but it is deep purple. I haven't damaged my eye and it wasn't there when I went to bed...I don't sleep walk wink

What could it be? I look like I've been in a fight but without the swelling.

theSuburbanDryad Wed 27-Aug-08 09:17:48

Has your dp/h walloped you in the night?

objectivity Wed 27-Aug-08 09:19:33

Nope, lept alone last night. Only odd thing about the night was falling asleep on sofa at about 10pm and waking at 1am before going off to bed proper.

theSuburbanDryad Wed 27-Aug-08 09:20:25

is there a sharp bit of the sofa you could've caught yourself on?

Has a child mysteriously swiped you in the night?

Miaou Wed 27-Aug-08 09:23:46

Have you got a jaggy nail? Could you have rubbed your eye with it during the night? (I have done that before and ended up with a huge scratch, very painful and silly looking hmm)

Miaou Wed 27-Aug-08 09:24:02

Have you got a jaggy nail? Could you have rubbed your eye with it during the night? (I have done that before and ended up with a huge scratch, very painful and silly looking hmm)

Miaou Wed 27-Aug-08 09:24:15

oops

objectivity Wed 27-Aug-08 10:08:15

None of those, but appreciate the trying to find an explanation.

You know blood blisters? It's like that. Like a bleed across half my lid.

BeachBunni Wed 27-Aug-08 10:50:12

Maybe one of your sinuses bunged??? Think they affect the eyes but not sure if it would make the lid go purple.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now