Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Laser Eye Treatment

(6 Posts)
Rohey Tue 26-Aug-08 21:06:40

Hi All,

Just wanted some feedback.. I am thinking of going through Optimax to get my eyes' lasered.. I am fedup of contact lenses and my glasses...

I have spoken to 3 people who have had treatment at the Finchley branch and are all full of praise...

Any food for though???

Thanks

Rohena x

Nagapie Tue 26-Aug-08 21:11:48

I think the success of the op depends on the strength of yoour prescription and other eye 'faults'.

The only thing I have heard about having this procedure done, is that it can be quite uncomfortable procedure and can only correct the lens for current conditions - should your eyes improve or change it can't be corrected.

Personally, have v bad sight and the idea of losing my lenses and bottletops appeals massively, but I am a real wimp and would have to look at lens replacement rather than the the lasering option...

aliasdictus Wed 27-Aug-08 21:50:00

Hi, roughly it seems that 90% patients do well, the other 10% have some considerable eye soreness or pain for 6/12 or so, some longer of course. It's quite a difficult choice as you cannot undo it, if you have a mild prescription and you don't have any eye problems and are meticulous about eye care then it is should be ok. Out of interest, two of my daughters wear contacts and glasses and wanted laser surgery. After looking into it all, they both decided to wait for a bit longer.

KerryMum Wed 27-Aug-08 21:52:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ataraxis Wed 27-Aug-08 22:02:19

I had mine done around 5 years ago (similarly fed up with glasses/contact lenses). One of the best things I have ever done.

RupertTheBear Wed 27-Aug-08 22:04:49

I went for the consultation several years ago but they turned me away. Apparantly that is how they keep their success rates high, by turning away anyone who is remotely likely to have trouble (and quite right too)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: