Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DS (3) goes bright red when running about

(6 Posts)
cornflakegirl Tue 26-Aug-08 15:35:05

If DS (3yo) does a lot of running around - eg at a soft play place - his face goes bright red. He's not overweight and he's fairly active. He doesn't seem to be bothered by getting so hot, just drinks more. Should I worry?

thisisyesterday Tue 26-Aug-08 15:38:39

nope, was talking to afriend about this earlier in fact. our kids were playing at my house and ds1 was bright red and sweaty.
some kids I think are just "hot" children.
I wouldn't worry aboiut it
plus, those soft play places tend to be fairly warm, especially if busy

cornflakegirl Tue 26-Aug-08 16:51:48

He does seem to have inherited his father's ability to always be 2 degrees warmer than me!

asteamedpoater Tue 26-Aug-08 20:41:26

I also used to have the ability to go beetroot red when I ran about. You could feel the heat radiate off me. I was also the fastest runner in my class in primary school, so nothing to do with fitness, and I'm still alive and kicking, so it's obviously not a serious health issue! My dad (a doctor) used to tell me it was a good thing - shows the body can cool itself down effectively. Probably said that to make me feel better, but hey... I'm fair skinned and you can see all my veins near the surface of my skin, so it's not surprising that when blood is really pumping around my arteries, you can see that, too. Is your son very fair skinned?

bodiddly Tue 26-Aug-08 20:45:26

my ds is the same .. always hot and sweaty if he runs around for more than a few minutes. He even gets sweaty at nap time!

Basementbear Tue 26-Aug-08 21:59:14

DS1 is a real Sweaty Betty, always goes bright red and his head feels really hot when he has been running around! He is a bundle of nervous energy and never sits still, whereas DS2 is usually quite laid back and even when he has been running about never breaks into a sweat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now