Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Am coeliac, just realised I have eaten gluten today

(5 Posts)
thebecster Tue 26-Aug-08 14:46:32

... and have always wondered what the best thing to do is. Is it better to eat lots of prunes and get it through my system quickly? Or will that just make my symptoms worse? Am already feeling slightly dodgy... Any fellow coeliacs with ideas on what I should do? (Besides being more careful about what I eat in the first place! wink _

cmotdibbler Tue 26-Aug-08 14:47:59

Some people reckon bananas are good for glutenation. Personally, I just drink plenty and take some ibuprofen for my joint pain.

Bad luck - what was it ?

thebecster Tue 26-Aug-08 14:53:48

Sausages at a friends house - I assumed she'd bought GF ones, but she'd forgotten I was coeliac (she usually remembers so I didn't interrogate her before eating). She suddenly realised after we'd eaten (suspect she is suffering more with mortification than I am with tummy ache!)

Will try bananas and a big glass of water.

thebecster Tue 26-Aug-08 14:56:34

Oops, pressed 'Post' before adding 'thank you cmotdibbler!'

cmotdibbler Tue 26-Aug-08 15:13:38

I'm sure she is mortified. My mum once made a sauce with real flour (she normally uses GF even when I'm not around in white sauce as less lumps) and she's never forgiven herself.

Hope its not too bad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now