Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Relieving bloat after keyhole surgery?

(4 Posts)
Teuch Tue 26-Aug-08 12:26:11

Friend is having keyhole surgery and I am going to slob around with her help out for a few days when she comes home.

I have heard that the bloat from the inflation gas can be very uncomfortable and wondered if anyone had any tips to help disperse?

I'm puzzled, since it is in the abdominal cavity and not the digestive system but it has to get out somehow, right?

But I take it the usual gas relief won't work, like peppermint tea and other digestive aids.

muggglewump Tue 26-Aug-08 12:30:54

I lived on painkillers for a week!
I didn't really feel bloated, just sore and although I was warned I might get sore shoulders from the gas I found my thigs killed. No idea if it was the gas though or something else but I was sterilised do nothing to do with my thighs.

expatinscotland Tue 26-Aug-08 12:32:32

The main reason why DH is going for the snip instead of my going for tubal ligation is that bloating up with gas thing.

There's a new way of doing it without that.

But it's not very widespread yet, so the snip it is!

Teuch Tue 26-Aug-08 12:37:03

Will it disperse naturally or should I take a nose-peg? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now