Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can accupuncture help with IBS?

(5 Posts)
olivo Tue 26-Aug-08 08:35:25

I'm really struggling to control my symptoms of this latest bout, which has lasted about 5 weeks. I wondered whether it might be helped with some accupuncture?

misi Tue 26-Aug-08 10:22:33

don't know about accupuncture, not something I have tried, studied or recommended before, but I do know about the following;

www.lepicol.com/s/index.php

www.ibs-irritablebowelsyndrome.co.uk/

most of my IBS clients get put onto maxicol or lepicol for 3 months before I do anything else with them

olivo Tue 26-Aug-08 10:54:37

thanks for those links, misi - i've had a quick look but will read them properly this evening.
I only wondered about accupuncture because i know it can be used to reduce stress. also, i'm hoping to start ttc soonish and i know accupuncture is ok then. and because the lady who did my accupuncture when i was pg was so lovely and helpful!

misi Tue 26-Aug-08 10:59:01

another link for you then;

www.acupuncture.org.uk/

I think you can ask questions and find accredited practitioners on this site, the important thing though is to look around and do what is best for you, although I assume that the accupuncture can be done in conjunction with my previous thoughts if you wanted too

olivo Tue 26-Aug-08 11:06:30

thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now