Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

who had tried acupuncture?

(8 Posts)
biglips Thu 17-Feb-05 23:52:44

as im thinking of having one(s) for my sinus problem... what does it feel like, does it work and the cost too?

biglips Fri 18-Feb-05 11:02:14

bump

PhDMumof1 Fri 18-Feb-05 11:10:07

I had acupuncture for pain relief, then to get periods back when TTC (was ill for 6 months with various things and hadn't had period for 1 yr).

What does it feel like?

Well, when I first went I was in excruciating pain, and could only cope with 1-2 needles in my ankles. Gradually she built up the needles every week, and they went from feeling sharp to a pleasant buzz. Basically depends where you get them put in and if that area is sensitive for any reason.

BTW really helped with both my probs - pain gone, periods regular and conceived first time!!!!

Twiglett Fri 18-Feb-05 11:12:06

normally doesn't hurt at all .. in a couple of places might feel a sharp scratch

it's great

depends on practioner for charge .. I think ours was £30 a session (London)

Sponge Fri 18-Feb-05 11:22:49

Dh has acupuncture for migraines and occasionally also for other things - he's had it for persistent sinusitis for instance.
He says he barely feels it and it does work - he used to have a migraine a week, now barely gets any.
He pays £35 a seesion I think for 45 minutes. Also London.

jane313 Fri 18-Feb-05 11:24:17

I had some for psoriasis, didn't hurt and once it gave me a great high! Did nothing to help my skin though. Once she did stuff for my back and that helped.

MistressMary Fri 18-Feb-05 11:40:19

My mum used to have acupunture for her face ache (trigeminal neuralgia), 20 quid a time and it used to help her.
She has now had an op so no more pain now.
But may be worth a try.

motherinferior Fri 18-Feb-05 19:50:52

It worked for my sinisitus *till we got the cat*.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now