Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Am I mad to try and give up wine and fags at the same time

(4 Posts)
isheisnthe Mon 25-Aug-08 18:30:35

For me they go hand in hand really, but I need to stop both, for ever with the fags and the wine has to go as I know I would smoke if I drank - anyone want to join me - first day today and I already hating it....

3andnomore Mon 25-Aug-08 23:01:43

hm, can I join you even though it's just the wine I need to give up? I stopped smoking 8 years ago, so, one less bad habit.

Portofino Mon 25-Aug-08 23:13:29

I'm just thinking about doing exactly the same thing! Be brave and be an inspiration to me! I always said I would stop my bad habits by the time I was 40 and that is now in less than 30 days....eeeeekkkkk!!!!!

I will certainly join - though after the weekend as I have family visiting and DH's bday and I will be far too stressed this week. Excuse after excuse after excuse I know! It's hard so good on you for doing it!

ScummyMummy Mon 25-Aug-08 23:26:53

no- not if the winelessness is a temporary measure in order to make the fag giving up more realistic in the early days. Eventually you have to brave the drinking without smoking conundrum though if you want to graduate to true non-smokerness without becoming teetotal.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now