Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I really scared myself this morning. I phoned DH while out in case I died.

(3 Posts)
ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Mon 25-Aug-08 18:30:35

The last 2 mornings my breathing has been bad when I woke up but today was really bad. I could barely breath, kept coughing, chest tight.

Rang emergency doc and he agreed to do a prescription for an inhaler and I could go and get it straight away. I went myself in case I needed to see him. Driving there was really scarey as I was out of it through breathlessness and tiredness.

I need to take this seriously I think.

Did you know that asthma is the only illness you can die from where you have to pay for your medication? (Unless it has changed in the last couple of years.)

CountessDracula Mon 25-Aug-08 18:41:43

Why did you not have an inhaler at home already if you are asthmatic? I alway have one on me (and a spare if I am away)

If you are asthmatic you can always ask around if anyone else has one - I did this when I got mugged and mine was stolen. Or just go into the nearest pharmacy and they will always do you an emergency supply. You may have to exaggerate and threaten to collapse if you get a jobsworth.

There are plenty of other things you can die from where you have to pay a prescription fee!

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Mon 25-Aug-08 18:47:47

I did have the one I have been using but then discovered it was 6 months out of date when I went to use it. This afternoon I found another one but didn't find it when I needed it.

I can only get one inhaler at a time. My old GP let me have 4 at a time so I could have one in my bag, in the car and one by my bed and in the kitchen.

"There are plenty of other things you can die from where you have to pay a prescription fee!"

Okay then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now