Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TVT and Endometrial Ablation

(18 Posts)
cocolepew Sun 24-Aug-08 16:07:09

Anyone had these done?

cocolepew Sun 24-Aug-08 16:22:52

bump

singyswife Sun 24-Aug-08 16:24:58

No but am nosey, what are they??????????

cocolepew Sun 24-Aug-08 16:35:14

<<whispers, woman things>>

singyswife Sun 24-Aug-08 16:40:25

I know that I just meant what are they for??> It's okay I will google. Hope all goes well for you smile

cocolepew Sun 24-Aug-08 17:06:27

Sorry, I was being facetious blush TVT is a 'sling' to hold the pelvic floor up, so no more weeing myself. EA is having the lining of your womb burnt away to reduce heavy blood flow.

I shall be rollerbading in white trousers and trampolining in next to no time. grin

herbietea Sun 24-Aug-08 17:09:18

Message withdrawn

cocolepew Sun 24-Aug-08 17:12:42

I'm having both done together, did you have a general anesthetic? Did you bleed much after having it done? Were you crampy after? Thanks in advance.

KatyMac Sun 24-Aug-08 17:12:50

TVT

Fab

Changed my life

cocolepew Sun 24-Aug-08 17:14:04

Really? Oh good, Did you take it easy after having it done? If so how long for?

TotalChaos Sun 24-Aug-08 17:19:28

a relative of mine had the ablation. it worked marvellously. virtually no bleeding just a week or so of a lot of discharge.

TotalChaos Sun 24-Aug-08 17:20:08

she only had to take it easy for a couple of days after the ablation, felt really well after it.

KatyMac Sun 24-Aug-08 17:21:29

No lifting for ages (much longer than a caesarian)

No driving (3 weeks??can't remember)

Be very careful on a trampoline it can pull

Sex is fine

TotalChaos Sun 24-Aug-08 17:23:45

so sounds like the TVT will be the rather more difficulty bit of the recovery, not the ablation.

oh with the ablation it was a right faff pre-op as you are meant to get hormone injections a month or so beforehand to minimise womb lining before the op.

cocolepew Sun 24-Aug-08 17:27:25

I've never had hormone injections. I work with teenagers with severe learning and emotional difficulties, ther's a lot of lifting involved and I was trying to work out how much time I'd need off work.
I didn't know you weren't allowed to drive sad

KatyMac Sun 24-Aug-08 17:33:58

The not lifting was the thing that was emphasised over and over again

No kettles/irons/hoovering for weeks (if not months) I'm sure

Hardback book was used as an acceptable weight - mind you it was 5 yrs ago - they may have different rules now

herbietea Sun 24-Aug-08 17:34:18

Message withdrawn

lubo Sun 08-Nov-09 13:16:20

Yep - just had tvt done in the last 2 wks - so far so good - only thing is i had it done in a hospital i work in under spinal and it was an - interesting situation - not as scary as i was expecting, as years ago had epidural that went wrong - have a good sense of humour so i guess that helped abit too!!! OMG i have to face some of the guys that were at my op when i return to work - hey ho if all goes to plan i wont care (she says) it will be LOOK INTO MY EYES next time i see any of them !!!!!! I have been alittle worried in the last week because still slightly leak now and again - however when speaking to doctor says this will happen until my bits settle down, if that sorts its self will be well happy - it is a six week recovery so by my 12week check im hoping that it will all be settled and i will be laughing again without occasionally crossing my legs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now