We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

SWEATING - Surely this isn't normal ??

(15 Posts)
SweatyandHatingIt Sun 24-Aug-08 09:50:17

I sweat alot lately, even if I am only slightly warm, I will start too sweat under my arms and on my back.

If i am sitting down and it is hot then when i get up the backs of my legs and all around my groin are soaked.
I was at a party recently and was sitting in the sun and when i got up my trousers were actually wet.

This cannot be normal can it ?? I am sure I haven't always sweat this much.

What can I do ?? I have looked online for advice, but non of it mentions sweating of back of legs or groin, just hands, feet and underarms.

It is really starting to effect me now and I hate it.

loopylou6 Sun 24-Aug-08 09:57:09

have you started on any new medication?

SweatyandHatingIt Sun 24-Aug-08 09:59:02

No.

The only medication I take is the pill - cilest.

This may sound a bit odd, but since I had my son 6 years ago, I have been alot more hairy aswell, and now with the sweating too, I was wondering if I have too much testosterone or something in my body. Would that make sense or am i talking rubbish ??

loopylou6 Sun 24-Aug-08 10:03:11

it could well be coz i have a bit of hair i have to pluck since having kids

SweatyandHatingIt Sun 24-Aug-08 10:04:35

How would I find out if it was that ??

My gp is ok but tends to dismiss most concerns of mine with a bit of a chat and a 'see how you go' attitude.

Bumperlicious Sun 24-Aug-08 10:05:24

I don't know about the testosterone, but I know that I am much less sweaty after having DD, so having a baby may have had an effect on you.

Are you feeling stressed or anxious?

nancy75 Sun 24-Aug-08 10:05:32

could you have an over active thyroid? being hot and sweating loads can point to that.

loopylou6 Sun 24-Aug-08 10:05:36

you can have a blood test to check your hormone levels, just ask the doc for it

SweatyandHatingIt Sun 24-Aug-08 10:09:21

My thyroid was checked about 4mths ago and was fine apparently.

I will have to go and speak to my gp if I can I think, because it is just getting silly.

IllegallyBrunette Thu 28-Aug-08 11:18:29

Ok, so I am the op, can't be arse to keep name changing.

Haven't booked to see gp yet as I just keep thinking they will tell me it is normal and send me away.

As an example of the situation, today I had a bath, got dry and dressed, and as it is slightly warm today within 5 min I was boiling hot and my back and the back of my legs were soaked.

sad

I feel quite freak like.

Yeyeayo Thu 28-Aug-08 13:55:19

This happens to me too. For me, it has been since I started exercising (running) again. Now if it gets a little hot, sweat pours down - even if it's just a brisk walk. I haven't seen the GP about it (too much of a scaredycat) so offering solidarity rather than advice.

thegrowlygus Thu 28-Aug-08 16:16:51

Hiya - go see your GP. They can check the blood tests (notably thyroid ones) and if necessary refer you onto dermatologists to try to help.

There are other options of treatment available - none great it has to be said, but they may be able to help. Have you tried Driclor? It is available from chemists. You put it on each night and wash off in the morning. You can use it aynwhere within reason - although go steady near the groin as it stings like buggery on broken skin so suspect it may do on 'sensitive' areas too!

Idobelieveinfairies Fri 29-Aug-08 11:21:37

This happens to me too....since having my last twins nearly 4 yars ago though.....was always a bit more sweaty whilst prgnant (as most ladies ar) but hasn't gone away, summer months are the worst..and i am always asking people who i am with..are my trousers wet?....

it happens slightly in the winter too-have to be careful not to over wrap or i will be cooked!

I will ask the doctor abut it next time i go....which is hardly ever though.

Let us know how you get on.x

LackaDAISYcal Fri 29-Aug-08 11:27:29

I used to be horribly sweaty and hated it as it was very restricting re clothes,and I always felt very self conscious about going out.

I was diagnosed with coeliac disease, so stopped eating things with gluten in and I'm not sweaty any more. I'm pretty sure it was the yeast in the wheaty things that was causing it. Not suggesting you are a coeliac, but try giving up yeasty/sugary things for a bit and see what happens.

just read on a bit; the hairiness would suggest some sort of hormonal imbalance imo.

LouMacca Fri 29-Aug-08 11:32:35

Hi. I also had the same problem under my arms and back.

Had blood tests done, nothing wrong.

Started to use Driclor/Perspire X, available at Boots/Tesco and problem solved.

BTW, also have twins Idobelieve and problem probably did start when I got pregnant too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now