Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

First cycle on the pill - how much bleeding is normal?

(6 Posts)
derelicte Sun 24-Aug-08 09:18:43

I started the pill a week ago on the first day of my period (as per the instructions). My period went away for a day, and then came back lightly. I've now had cramping and light bleeding for a week.

Does anyone know if this is normal? My usual periods are painful, but only for 2-4 days. I'm beginning to wonder if I have some sort of infection or summat.

Is it worth a trip to the docs?

derelicte Sun 24-Aug-08 10:32:21

bump

SubRosa Sun 24-Aug-08 12:54:21

Which pill is it? It's quite common to have bleeds with Micronor and some other progesterone-only pills.

derelicte Sun 24-Aug-08 14:34:52

It's Dianette (combined, and superduper strong!).

It's just getting bloody(!) annoying, and seems to be getting heavier. Grr.

MuthaHubbard Sun 24-Aug-08 16:01:58

My first week or so of going back on Mycrogynon was like that, a little light bleeding and light cramps. I assume it's just your body getting used to the hormones?

If it is worrying you though, I would contact NHS direct or go back to your gp just to check.

SubRosa Sun 24-Aug-08 16:09:18

Sorry you're suffering so much Derelicte. I agree with MuthaHubbard about checking it though, it may be that this particular pill doesn't suit you. Having said that, when I started taking Logynon years ago, I bled for a couple of weeks and then had no problems.

Hope your GP can sort it for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now