Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So if you hadn't ridden a bicycle in about 20 years and you were old what kind of damage do you think you could do to your back?

(6 Posts)
KerryMum Fri 22-Aug-08 22:17:06

If you rode one for 2 weeks daily.

It didn't hurt at the time.

It didn't hurt until a few days later.

Now it hurts A LOT and is making me naseous. Yes, I know I was told to go to GP. I will [eventually] once I give up all hope of it going away on its own or run out of anti-inflammatories.....

bluefox Fri 22-Aug-08 22:32:10

Could it not be just muscles that you havent used for a long time? Just asking because I have just spent two days cycling constantly around Amsterdam and had not ridden a bike for years. Was fine at the time then afterwards the pain in the backside was terrible! Felt like I'd been riding a horse for a month! Its ok now though. How long have you had the pain now?

KerryMum Fri 22-Aug-08 22:34:46

really? Did it go away on its own? It's been a couple days now.

bluefox Fri 22-Aug-08 22:42:38

Yes it went away by itself. It didnt make me feel sick though - it was basically just a sore a*! but yours dosent sound quite the same. However, I always feel sick if I take anti inflammatories. Were you cycling on really bumpy tracks where you might have given yourself a jolt? I hope it goes away soon.

KerryMum Fri 22-Aug-08 23:13:34

no, mostly roads. but it's been at least 20 years blush

it didn't hurt at the time.

maybe it is anti-inflammatories.

It does feel like it's in the muscles. And I get bad twinges when I move certain ways.

KerryMum Fri 22-Aug-08 23:14:00

thanks bluefox smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now