Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

So if you hadn't ridden a bicycle in about 20 years and you were old what kind of damage do you think you could do to your back?

(6 Posts)
KerryMum Fri 22-Aug-08 22:17:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bluefox Fri 22-Aug-08 22:32:10

Could it not be just muscles that you havent used for a long time? Just asking because I have just spent two days cycling constantly around Amsterdam and had not ridden a bike for years. Was fine at the time then afterwards the pain in the backside was terrible! Felt like I'd been riding a horse for a month! Its ok now though. How long have you had the pain now?

KerryMum Fri 22-Aug-08 22:34:46

bluefox Fri 22-Aug-08 22:42:38

Yes it went away by itself. It didnt make me feel sick though - it was basically just a sore a*! but yours dosent sound quite the same. However, I always feel sick if I take anti inflammatories. Were you cycling on really bumpy tracks where you might have given yourself a jolt? I hope it goes away soon.

KerryMum Fri 22-Aug-08 23:13:34

KerryMum Fri 22-Aug-08 23:14:00

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: