Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

thanks to those who encouraged me on my scared of the dentist thread...

(7 Posts)
mankymolars Fri 22-Aug-08 19:52:05

I just wanted to thank you for advising me to go to my GP. I know it's only a small step, but today I fessed up to my fear of the dentist and my GP prescribed me some diazepam and gave me the name of a 'lovely lady dentist'. My next step is to make an appointment for a check-up but I feel very proud of having made this first step. thanks for your understanding / cajoling/ bullying etc grin.I'll let you know how it goes!

Racers Fri 22-Aug-08 21:06:27

wasn't on thread but well done! Fessing up is a big step and I hope the tabs help, they do for me.

LittleMyDancingForJoy Fri 22-Aug-08 21:08:37

A nice dentist can make a huge difference - I was always terrified of the dentist but my current one is a goddess, very gentle, never judgmental, hyper efficient and soooooooo good at her job.

If she ever moves, I'm following her!

mankymolars Sat 23-Aug-08 07:22:09

thanks. I'm hoping to find the courage next week to go in and make an appointment, or at least meet her.I trust my GP's opinion so really hope she is lovely! Little - yours sounds great, fingers crossed this lady will be her twin !grin

Lazarou Sat 23-Aug-08 08:33:51

My mum is petrified of the dentist even with diazepam, and she had to have some serious dental work done last week. She had acupuncture done while the dentist was doing it and she said it was amazing. So, if you are truly terrified then ask your dentist about it, someone might be able to come in and do it for you while you have your treatment. They stuck the needle in her chin to stop her throwing up. Sounds bizarre, but if it worked for my mum I should think it will work for anyone.

loopylou6 Sat 23-Aug-08 10:04:46

thats fab MM grin well done you

loopylou6 Sat 23-Aug-08 10:05:30

ooooooo just had a thought, soon you will able to namechange to 'gleamingmolars' lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now