Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone had bleeding 2 days after period finished. This has happened to me and I'm worrying there's something wrong!

(5 Posts)
columbolover Fri 22-Aug-08 15:50:44

Period started, few days early. Lasted 6 days and seemed normal as usual. Finished Tues a.m. But late last night I started bleeding again, and not just spotting, like normal period - sorry if tmi - got a bit of a fright, but it seems to have tailed off this afternoon now though. But tum and back quite sore.

Never happened before, is it a sign of a hormonal prob? Anyone have any experience of this? Tried to phone practice nurse but she has left for the day. Am worrying --starting to catastrophise-- about cervical cancer!

Many thanks for any advice

norksinmywaistband Fri 22-Aug-08 15:56:38

There have been several threads on this recently and an amazing number of mners have this

columbolover Fri 22-Aug-08 16:03:32

Thanks, that is somewhat reassuring. I did see a thread re this, but it was to do with period stopping after one day and restarting, and I thought my situation was different to that as mine had finished, but I suppose it all amounts to the same thing.

Just glad it happened as I was going to bed and not during the day when I was out and about in a pair of pale trousers!

If anyone has had similar and has been told a reason why, I would be glad to hear, though maybe its just one one of these things, and will have to be on the look out next month.

Lozza70 Fri 22-Aug-08 16:04:47

I have always had this, period for 4 days then stops then starts again a day later for a day or so. So it's never worried me but I'm a great believer in following up if anything out of the ordinary happens so if it will put you mind at rest I would check it out with the doctor. Good luck.

happymum34 Fri 05-Sep-08 22:14:29

i finished my period on sunday then started really heavy bleeding on tue night i went to doctor who said the pill im on makes me bleed lightly so it will build up over time and because im stressed at work it made the flood gates open to empty my womb.he pescribed tranexamic acid to stop the bleeding .i surgest if your worried go to your doctor thats what they are there for

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now