Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd has a temp of 39.9

(9 Posts)
sostupid Wed 16-Feb-05 23:33:15

Doesn't seem overly unwell just lathargic and off her food.

Rang NHS direct on hold for 20 mins and had to wait 20 mins for a nurse to ring back.......with the advice of strip her off (already done) cool damp flannel (already done) and double up on nurofen and calpol !

My poor baby !

Socci Wed 16-Feb-05 23:35:30

Message withdrawn

suzywong Wed 16-Feb-05 23:36:26

sorry she's feeling grotty but that is what I would do too, there isn't a lot else that can be done

You should have bypassed YTS, sorry, NHS direct and posted on here straight away it would have been instantaneous advice

KatieMac Wed 16-Feb-05 23:38:04

You feel so useless when they are ill - don't you

joesy Thu 17-Feb-05 00:25:05

Keep a close eye on her overnight. Any worries take her straight to A&E.

Twiglett Thu 17-Feb-05 08:24:53

Snap .. so did my DD last night .. gave her ibuprofen then calpol (within 50 mins of ibuprofen), stripped her off and put her under a fan

hope yours is better .. mine's just a snot-gobbler this morning

piffle Thu 17-Feb-05 08:40:13

my ds was really like this last week, high fever about 39.6 and no food, and sleepy, and he is a huge ten yr old. he was better after 4 days ie: fever gone, but still tired and looking rotten complete with snot in every available space.
Ahh gotta love them....
its a bit easier when they are bigger though for sure...
hope they are feeling better today and have not kept you up all night!

tammybear Thu 17-Feb-05 08:43:02

my dd was like this last week. shes back to her somewhat normal self now. i only had calpol which did help, but i got some nurofen in asap. hope she feels better soon xx

sostupid Fri 18-Feb-05 08:54:45

Took her to the docs yesterday turned out she has a chest infection so they have given her amoxycillin (sp) Her temp is still sky high so I have spent 2 nights on her bedroom floor as she was waking quite a bit during the night.... but atleast she has had some food now.

Thanks for your get well wishes xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now