Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Coil giving me hell

(5 Posts)
Bensonbluebird Thu 21-Aug-08 13:48:37

I've had a copper coil since february. Every period I've had since then has been very heavy (overflowing mooncup - yuck), painful and worst of all has made me feel miserable and murderously cross for a couple of weeks sad. I never had PMT before. I've swapped something that was no trouble for something horrible. Should I leave it any longer and see if it settles down or make an appointment to get the thing taken out?

saramoon Thu 21-Aug-08 14:17:05

Hiya
Ive had a copper coil in since about Feb too. Have had unbelievable heavy periods that go on and on. However, i had this coil put in cos i didn't like the way the Mirena coil made me feel - it has got hormones in it and made me feel awful - and i get bad pmt already! My sis has one too and said that her periods did lighten after about 6 months so maybe you should wait another couple of months and then if it is no better, go back to the doctor.
I'm putting up with it as a) i can't deal with any contraceptive with hormomes and b)hate condoms.

Maybe though you should go and see ur doc as it shouldn't be giving you pmt. The heavy periods might mean you need extra iron or something. x

Bensonbluebird Thu 21-Aug-08 14:36:33

Thanks Saramoon,

That's a good point about iron. I'll get some floradix in. So far I've only murdered clothes moths but this is no fun for me or anyone else!

VoluptuaGoodshag Thu 21-Aug-08 20:13:58

Hi - sympathies. I had a copper coil in for about a year and it was dreadful. Periods lasting about 2 weeks, very heavy and feeling crap all the time. Getting it taken out was the best thing ever and my periods improved immediately.

girlnextdoor Thu 21-Aug-08 20:57:32

I didn't stop bleeding with mine- only had it for about 6 weeks- bled after insertion, had period that didn't stop for over 4 weeks- had blasted thing taken out- they said it had dislodged and was coming out anyway shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now