Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

2 day old baby took back to hosp as he keeps shivering now and then, what can this mean?

(9 Posts)
papaya Wed 20-Aug-08 19:52:00

friends baby gone back in for tests, what can this mean does anyone know?? They mentioned baby jitters?

papaya Wed 20-Aug-08 19:54:14

probably should add at first it was just leg shivers, then it progressed to all over body shivers??

tia

sarah293 Wed 20-Aug-08 19:55:27

Message withdrawn

papaya Wed 20-Aug-08 19:59:18

we've got very limited info as mum is v upset, she couldn't even talk down the phone, but as far as we could tell they are doing test on blood, brain etc... trying to google all day but finding it hard to see anything online

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 20-Aug-08 19:59:39

Message withdrawn

soph28 Wed 20-Aug-08 20:04:41

i thought all babies quiver/shake when newborn- due to drugs mother had in labour/shock/hunger/cold/low blood sugar/no coordination etc- surely it is perfectly normal unless it is a bit more than just shivering.

papaya Wed 20-Aug-08 21:27:42

no sure, no drugs were used in labour and it was the midwife who told her to take baby straight to hosp...will have to wait and see i guess xx

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Wed 20-Aug-08 21:29:11

low blood sugar. dd2 had it we had to stay in hospital overnight because of it where normally we would have been released in the same day.

soooootired Thu 21-Aug-08 11:38:03

I was told it was an immature nervous system by my midwife

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now