Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My mum has just been called back for more tests after routine mammogram, anyone had any experience of this?

(7 Posts)
RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 20-Aug-08 19:14:57

Apparently she has calcium deposits and they want to do more tests. I know this is v early days, but am feeling worried about her

TheArmadillo Wed 20-Aug-08 19:24:25

sorry to hear that - is always worrying.

this site explains about them apparently they are common and only very very rarely a sign of anything worse - but they will carry out further checks to be on the safe side.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 20-Aug-08 19:26:51

Thanks Armadillo, that link does help.

How are things with you?

Doodle2U Wed 20-Aug-08 19:27:33

I'm on the early screening programme for breast cancer because of family history. I've been having mammograms for 6 years. I've been called back once.

Re-checked me using ultrasound scan and consultant decided I had cysts which are benign, come and go and nearly all women have them without knowing a thing about it!

Best wishes to your Mum - I hope she gets away with a nice, comfortable ultra-sound like me for her re-tests, rather than a buster flattening, must have been invented by a man mammogram grin

TheArmadillo Wed 20-Aug-08 19:34:37

I'm alright atm - extremely busy, which is all good.

I am right in thinking you are pregnant? If so congratulations smile

My mum had some small lumps a few years ago but they were linked to hormone changes/pre-menopause stuff and nothing scary in the end. Is frightening though.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 20-Aug-08 19:39:36

Thanks Doodle

Armadillo - yes, around 5 months, due just before Christmas (what bad timing, yada yada). How is your job going? Would be nice to have another evening meet-up soon.

TheArmadillo Wed 20-Aug-08 19:43:10

job still good - I like it, but you all seem to have meet-ups at the end of the week so I have to miss them.

NOther evening meet up will be good.

Xmas baby sounds cool. Have a friend with birthday couple days after xmas and she loves it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now