Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has going back to work blinded me???

(5 Posts)
oysterpots Wed 20-Aug-08 16:44:38

Started back at work three weeks ago after a lovely 14 months maternity leave, sigh...

Job is pretty much computer-based, and Monday evening I felt as though I had two black eyes - really bruised and although looking straight ahead was fine, looking in any other direction really made my eyes ache. Still feeling it a bit now, and really conscious that my eyes are feeling very tired.

Could it be using a computer again after so long without? I've never needed glasses before but maybe I do now... Anyone experienced something similar? thanks

LackaDAISYcal Wed 20-Aug-08 16:48:47

probably just a bit of eye strain after not using a pc for long periods of time (unless you are an obsessive MNer wink)

It should get better in that your eyes will adjust again (make sure the monitor settings and screen refresh rate are alright for you), but perhaps a trip to the opticians wouldn't go amiss.

oysterpots Wed 20-Aug-08 16:52:13

Ooh, how do I do that then? Sounds like it could be it.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 20-Aug-08 16:55:16

Ask your IT guy grin

erm refresh rate is in the screen settings in my computer I think.

contrast and brightness etc on the buttons at the bottom of the monitor.

oysterpots Wed 20-Aug-08 17:11:48

If only we had an IT guy... in more ways than one wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now