Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What did I do to my back?

(13 Posts)
KerryMum Wed 20-Aug-08 10:56:02

I am in agony since yesterday. I was sitting in ds1's chair (fold out metal jobbie) and then I got up and was in pain. Just got worse. It is lower back and seems muscular but then I forgot my back hurt hmm and put on a sports bra over my head and

OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW sad

I heard

crunching

It really feckin hurts. I have some anti-inflammatories will they help?

RubySlippers Wed 20-Aug-08 11:07:55

yes - take them!

and keep taking them

poor you ..

KerryMum Wed 20-Aug-08 11:11:54

How do you know if it's muscular or something like a disc or they like [worried]

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Wed 20-Aug-08 11:15:27

muscular is more likely to appear the day after strain.

how mobile are you? can you lie on your backa nd raise your legs in all directions (one at a time). is it worse after sitting or during movement?

KerryMum Wed 20-Aug-08 11:16:38

during movement. When I was rolling over in bed (asleep) it would hurt certain ways. Couldn't lay on my back. Sitting at desk with chair with good lower back support it helps but still aches.

KerryMum Wed 20-Aug-08 11:16:55

bending over - arrrrggghhhh

KerryMum Wed 20-Aug-08 11:32:02

I can attest to the fact that sneezing is agony sad

KerryMum Wed 20-Aug-08 15:19:28

I feel quite naseous and ill from it.

what have I done???????

I don't want to go to gp. Am trying to convince myself I just sprained a muscle sad

bubblagirl Wed 20-Aug-08 15:26:21

i would go to gp dont put off checking out back pain it could be sciatica could be slipped disc could be muscular either waywithout knowing you could do more damage at least you will get good painkillers

hope you feel better soon x

RubySlippers Wed 20-Aug-08 16:06:18

go to the Docs KM!

if nothing else you can get some hardcore painkillers

if you feel that bad you are nauseous you need to go

desperatehousewifetoo Wed 20-Aug-08 16:13:16

You might find it eases up when you move around a bit.

Dh had really bad back a couple of weeks ago. Took day off work as could barely walk but did ease up when walked around.

Settled himself into bed for the day 'I've got to rest it'. Oh no you don't says I, get walking (I'm very mean!)

Definitely worked. The realy strong neurofen tablets helped too. Only needed those for a couple of days.

Hope you feel beter soon.

bubblagirl Wed 20-Aug-08 17:13:42

ADD COLD AND NOT HEAT TO IT UNTIL YOUI KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE sorry caps not shouting

if you add heat and its muscular you could inflame it more cold will bring down any inflammation

KerryMum Wed 20-Aug-08 21:43:04

I'm such an idiot. I didn't think of it because I've been back since Friday night but I was away with ds1 for 12 days in Austria and we rode bikes everywhere. Well I think it's been about 20 years since I've been on a bike (I didn't forget how smile) It didn't hurt when I was riding it or for a couple of days after but it hurts now where I would have been hunched over the bike iykwim. So maybe that was it? That would be muscle wouldn't it [hopeful]. No I didn't go to doctor blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now